Hello

Welcome to Yet Another Cooking Blog.

As you may have guessed, this is a blog about cooking - in particular my cooking. It has been mentioned to me several times that I seem a little obsessed with food, so I have decided to blog about my menus, my successes, my failures and anything else that springs to mind

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Bento

As part of trying to eat tastier healthier lunches, I have decided to try and do lunches for me and my family 'japanese style'.  By this I mean the creation of bento boxes with rice, vegetables and meat that can be eaten at room temperature at lunchtime.

I have ordered some bento boxes from The Japan Centre - which is a shop I love in Piccadilly, London.  These boxes are layered so that rice can be put in one layer, and vegetables/meat in the other section.

I have also ordered a book called Just Bento which will show me some Japanese and western suggestions for bento boxes.

Heres hoping I don't poison my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment