Hello

Welcome to Yet Another Cooking Blog.

As you may have guessed, this is a blog about cooking - in particular my cooking. It has been mentioned to me several times that I seem a little obsessed with food, so I have decided to blog about my menus, my successes, my failures and anything else that springs to mind

Saturday 5 February 2011

Rosalind's weaning experience

I have a daughter called Rosalind who is just starting her experience with food.  We have decided to wean her using the baby led weaning style.  Basically this involves not pureeing food, just giving her what you or I would eat, starting with fruit and vegetables, and moving up with meat etc - obviously with a few limitations such as cutting down salt and not giving honey until she is a year old.

Rosalinds first food was banana when she grabbed my hand and pulled the banana I was holding into her mouth, so I took that as the signal that she wanted to start eating.

Below is Rosalinds first attempt at eating fromage frais (interesting, as you give her a loaded spoon and let her work it out)




A messy but fun experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment