Hello

Welcome to Yet Another Cooking Blog.

As you may have guessed, this is a blog about cooking - in particular my cooking. It has been mentioned to me several times that I seem a little obsessed with food, so I have decided to blog about my menus, my successes, my failures and anything else that springs to mind

Sunday 27 March 2011

Cake baking - ricotta, apricot and almond cake

I'm not good at baking, I am happy to admit that.  But I am good at eating it!  I'm usually just a little bit disappointed by supermarket cakes (except for cadbury chocolate mini rolls - I can inhale those), so I thought I would bake a cake myself.

Now, there is no way that I can invent my own recipe, so I had a look through my cook books, and got out the Good food 101 slow cooking recipes, which has a couple of tasty cakes in it.  Having treated myself to a new hand food mixer, of course I had to make use of it, so I made a ricotta, apricot and almond cake.  Takes 90 minutes to bake, and is obviously good for you, as real apricots are involved :)


I couldn't find the recipe on the good food website, so if you want to try the cake yourself, you either have to pop round for a cup of tea and a slice of cake (while stocks last) or buy the cook book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment