Hello

Welcome to Yet Another Cooking Blog.

As you may have guessed, this is a blog about cooking - in particular my cooking. It has been mentioned to me several times that I seem a little obsessed with food, so I have decided to blog about my menus, my successes, my failures and anything else that springs to mind

Monday 23 May 2011

Chocolate lime cheesecake and cola cupcakes

Did some baking yesterday, 2 things to make up with not having made anything for 2 weeks (boiled fruit cake lasts for a very long time!!).  Both the recipes were from the Hummingbird Cake days book again.  The first was a lime and chocolate cheesecake - I only used 1/3 of the ingredients suggested as I was only making for my husband and me to eat for dessert.


The next thing that I made was cola cupcakes.  I wouldn't normally make something like this, as it requires soda stream syrup, and not having a machine buying a full size bottle would be expensive for something used so infrequently, but currently there are tester packs availalble with 7 small portions of syrup, 1 of which is enough to make one full batch of cupcakes according to the recipe.  

I have found ther is always too much frosting with these recipes, so I halved the ingredients for the frosting, and still had plenty to frost 12 cupcakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment